1) Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective?
- When technology is incorporated into the lesson, it allows for more opportunities to connect to the students and speak their language. I think it can make school feel more "Fun" for them and keep their attention.
2) Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers?
- Students need to be held accountable because in the "Real world" when the leave our school system, they will be held accountable, We need to teach them the real life application and that they are to be held responsible to equipment and opportunities they are given.
3) Visit 2 of the applicable links to interactive websites for your content/grade level. Which sites did you like. How could you use them as stations? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
- There weren't ANY sites useful for music teachers....why?
4) List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations?
- Audacity, Garage band, Chordbot, and Goodreader. These are apps that are mostly good for class use. I don't really see them used in "Stations"
5) What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station.
- I really love the video and audio recording capabilities. That, to me, is the MOST useful thing for choir.